Scott Cressman is a communication design strategist with over 27 years of experience in strategic marketing and communications, branding, web development and content marketing. He provides a diverse range of solutions for clients in the areas of technology, entrepreneurship, energy, regulatory, health care, transportation and infrastructure, government, manufacturing, higher education, arts and culture, forest products, commercial real estate and consumer package goods. He develops the potential of organizations with a view to their whole business story across brand, strategy, integrated media, user experience, engagement and managing the development of planned, impactful and measurable change.
Scott is an innovator, creative thinker and award-winning communicator with rare expertise across the media spectrum. As a university Chair in the School of Communication Design at Alberta University of the Arts, Scott is on the vanguard of innovations, experimentation and development of a quickly changing communication landscape.
Recent speaking engagements
- Creative Mornings – Wonder, 2019
- National Energy Board of Canada, 2019
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, 2018
- International Association of Design Research Societies (IADRS) 2017: Presentation of Research Paper: Applying Design Thinking for Business Model Innovation for Nonprofit Organizations, Cincinnati
- CICan Conference 2017: How Design Thinking Succeeds, Ottawa
- Bell Media: The Power of Visual Communications, Bell Centre, Calgary, 2017
- ATB Business Innovators Series, 2017
- Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design (AICAD): Case Study on Public Design, Sarasota, 2017